There is something about a 50’s-style vintage refrigerator that speaks of a bygone time where everything seemed to be made-in-America by companies that cared about quality and style. A vintage refrigerator wasn’t simply a box…it had lines and colors and took a prominent role in your kitchen. Now all of these small appliances are considered retro appliances.
Are you looking for a compact vintage refrigerator for the bar, rec room, or office? Nostalgia Electrics makes some very stylish models of compact retro-style refrigerators that will bring that era back to any room you put them in.
They have models of these small appliances from 1.7 cu. ft. to 3.0 cu. ft. and even one with a dispenser in the door to dispense water or any cold drink you would like.
Each vintage refrigerator has a built-in freezer with all but the 1.7 cu. ft. model having a completely separate freezer compartment. The 1.7 cu. ft. model of retro refrigerator has a half width freezer like many small mini fridges do.
Want to see other compact fridge choices? Be sure and check out these articles:
- Small Refrigerator Freezer: Top 5 Compact Fridge Freezers
- Small Fridge: Best Compact Refrigerator
- Retro Refrigerator: Best Compact Retro Fridge
- Micro Fridge: Coldest Compact Mini Fridge
- Mini Fridge With Freezer: Top 5 Compact Refrigerator-Freezers
- Small Refrigerator: Top 5 Compact Refrigerators
The advantage of the separate freezer compartment in a small refrigerator, in addition to being larger, is that with proper adjustment you can get better results with frozen foods of all types.
Each small fridge model features chrome accents on either red or black enamel body that is perfect for that 50’s diner look and feel.
Need a beverage refrigerator to store your soda, beer, and wine? Be sure and see these options before you buy:
- Beverage Fridge: Top Rated Small Beverage Refrigerator
- Wine Refrigerators: Top 5 Compact Wine Coolers
- Danby Wine Refrigerator: Bargain 36 Bottle Wine Cooler
- Wine Fridge: Elegant Wine Cooler Keeps 18 Bottles Perfectly Chilled
- Beverage Refrigerator: Top 5 Compact Beverage Coolers
They may be retro, but they have all the performance and features you would expect from modern compact refrigerators including built-in adjustable thermostats, high-quality materials and construction, energy-efficient operation, and interior lighting.
You know these small refrigerators will look great wherever you decide to place them in your home, dorm room, or office and that may be most important of all.
Take a look at these vintage Nostalgia Electrics red appliances and see if one of them is the best refrigerator for your needs!
The Nostalgia Electrics RRF325HNRED Retro Refrigerator Series 3.0-Cubic Foot Compact Refrigerator Freezer in Red is a great example of a modern compact fridge with classic style. Now you can keep your snacks, beverages, even vegetables and frozen food in a compact refrigerator with freezer that has the look and feel of a 1950’s diner. With an adjustable thermostat, separate freezer compartment, and even a fruit and vegetable crisper, this vintage model has all the features and performance of modern appliances. It’s sure to be a hit no matter where you place it and a stylish addition to your kitchen, rec room, family room, or office. Here’s what you need to know.
- Retro-styled, 2-Door, 3.0 cu. ft. capacity mini-fridge in red with stainless steel and chrome accents
- Full-range adjustable thermostat
- Separate 0.23 cu. ft. capacity freezer on top
- Large, clear fruit and vegetable crisper
- 1 – Removable shelf
- Adjustable leveling feet
- Beautiful design is a sure conversation starter
- Quality and performance are like bigger units
- Great value
- Freezer really freezes
- Shelves are short in the fridge
- Doors not reversible
- Handles are plastic
- Some say noisy operation
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better than a vintage compact refrigerator, Nostalgia Electrics introduces the Nostalgia Electrics Red 3.0 cu. ct. RRF300SDDRED Retro Series Compact Dispensing Refrigerator. That’s right, it has a beverage dispense built right into the door of this classically-styled mini-fridge. Keep your cold food close and your cold beverages closer by dispensing not just water, but just about any drink you want to keep cold. Its unique designed built-in dispenser tank can hold just about any liquid you want and then dispense it right through the refrigerator door. Like its 3.0 cu. ft. cousin, it has a completely separate freezer compartment which performs better than any in-fridge freezer so you can be confident in your frozen foods as well. It will definitely be a fun and inviting addition to any room of your home or office. Here’s what you need to know.
- Retro-styled red compact 3.0 cu. ft. refrigerator with built-in dispenser for drinks through the door
- Stainless steel In-door dispenser provides more than just water including just about any beverage you would want
- Completely separate 8-liter freezer compartment on top
- 2-liter bottle storage in the refrigerator door
- Large, clear crisper drawer has a glass cover to keep fruits and vegetables cold
- Fully adjustable thermostat
- Built-in 10W bright interior lighting
- Slide out shelf and removable drawer make for easy cleaning
- Adjustable leveling feet make it easy to place this classic compact fridge
- Classic good looks
- Dispense is a nice bonus
- Quality construction and materials
- Dispenser works perfectly
- Plastic handles
- Water dispenser difficult to assemble
- Not much leveling capability
- Several reports of poor packaging which may lead to damage
If you’re looking for a compact refrigerator that is smaller and easier to place, then the Nostalgia Electrics CRF170RETRORED Retro Series 1.7 cu. ft. Mini Fridge may be just what you’re looking for. In addition to the refrigerator it has a built-in freezer compartment to keep some foods and ice cubes frozen. Despite its diminutive size it has 2-liter bottle storage in the door, a mechanical adjustable thermostat and best of all that red, classic 1950’s look that we all love. It is sure to brighten any room of your home, office, or dorm room. Here’s what you need to know.
- Retro-style red compact, 1.7 cu. ft. dorm size refrigerator and built-in freezer
- Adjustable mechanical thermostat
- 2-liter in-door beverage storage
- Easy-view, half-width freezer compartment
- Leveling legs for easy placement
- 1 – Coated wire slide-out shelf
- 1 – Ice cube tray
- Reversible door
- Dimensions are 19.6H x 18.6W x 17.5D inches and it weight 40 lbs.
- 90-day limited warranty
- Works great
- Classic good looks
- 2-liter bottle holder is a real bonus
- Great value
- Some reports of poor packaging which may contribute to damage
- Plastic handle is not useful
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you like about these retro fridges? Which vintage refrigerator is at the top of your list to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our BestRefrigeratorCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has given you valuable information that helps you choose the best compact vintage refrigerator for your needs!