A small refrigerator is a necessity if you want to keep drinks or foods cold, but don’t have the space for a larger fridge you might place in a kitchen. College students, office workers, RV owners, or anyone with only a small space, but a big need for keeping food cold, can all benefit from a small refrigerator.
Compact refrigerators are easy to use, reliable and fit into tight places out of the way such as on a counter, under a desk, or even in some cabinets. If you’re looking for a small refrigerator to keep your food cold, you’ve come to the right place.
Interested in learning about other compact refrigerators? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Danby Compact Refrigerator: Big Storage Spotless Steel All Fridge
- Little Fridge: Most Popular Compact Refrigerator and Freezer
- Stainless Steel Mini Fridge: Top 5 Best Rated Compact Refrigerators
- Vintage Refrigerator: Best Classic Compact Retro Refrigerators
- Garage Fridge: Coolest Compact Garage Refrigerator
- Small Fridge: Best Compact Refrigerator
- Retro Refrigerator: Best Compact Retro Fridge
- Micro Fridge: Coldest Compact Mini Fridge
- Mini Fridge With Freezer: Top 5 Compact Refrigerator-Freezers
Compact refrigerators fill a great need for cold food and beverage storage in tight spaces. Whether you’re living in a college dorm room, taking a trip in your RV, or keeping drinks handy at the office compact refrigerators were designed just for you.
We searched small appliance forums, retail sites, manufacturer sites, social media, customer review sites, and consumer sites to find the most popular and best rated small refrigerators.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these small refrigerators is the best compact refrigerator for your needs!
The Danby DAR259 series of compact refrigerator is small, but large enough to handle many foods and beverages others cannot. It’s a nice compromise between smaller fridges that will fit pretty much anywhere and larger fridges that are not convenient for many uses. Perfect for a dorm room, on a counter-top, or under a desk, this small fridge has several convenient features.
Small Refrigerator: Style
- The Danby DAR259 series comes in either black (DAR259BL) or white (DAR259W) to fit in with any room or office environment.
- At 2.5 cu. ft. (70.79 liters), the DAR259 series is compact while still having enough space for most of the needs of one person.
- Use it in a dorm room, on a countertop, under a desk, in an RV, while tailgating, or wherever space is limited.
- You will appreciate the extra storage space and versatility of the 2-1/2 wire shelves.
- If you don’t need freezing capability you will love the DAR259 for the extra space for keeping foods and beverages cool.
- A simple mechanical thermostat control lets you adjust the fridge temperature to the perfect coldness for your needs.
- The 2nd generation CanStor beverage dispensing system makes storage and retrieval of your beverage cans easy and fast.
- The DAR259 comes with convenient tall bottle storage to handle even large soda bottles.
- The handy scratch-resistant top gives you more space to store accessories or use for your activities.
- It includes our second generation CanStor beverage dispenser, tall bottle storage and our scratch resistant worktop to store accessories.
- The auto-defrost system on the DAR259 makes maintenance of the fridge easy and convenient.
- The door is reversible to open left or right so that you can place the DAR259 in the most convenient location.
- The door handle is integrated into the door increasing reliability.
- Danby provide a limited 18-month parts and labor warranty on the DAR259 series.
- The DAR259 measures a compact 20 x 17.6 x 27 inches.
- The Danby DAR259 is Energy Star compliant.
- Temperature control is accurate
- Looks great
- Holds a lot of beverages, bottles and cans
- No freezer to take up space
- No interior light
- Shelves could be more adjustable
- No markings on thermostat
- Can be noisy
Midea is a lesser-known brand for most in the U.S. that manufacturers quality appliances with great value like the Midea HS-65L series small refrigerator. It has plenty of space for one person to store beverages and foods. This unit comes with many convenient, easy-to-use features.
- The HS65L series is available in Black (HS65LB), White (HS-65LW), or Stainless Steel (HS-65LSS).
- This unit features 1.7 cu. ft. of useable space which is perfect for keeping food and beverages cold in a dorm room, office, RV, or anywhere space is tight.
- The reversible door allows you to place the HS65L series fridge wherever is most convenient for you.
- The separate chiller compartment keeps your foods that require it cooler than the rest of the fridge.
- Convenient door racks will accommodate many different types of beverages or foods.
- The thermostat is manually adjustable to maintain the perfect temperature for any food item.
- Midea provides a full 1-year warranty and 2-years on the compressor of the HS65 series.
- Midea features environmentally friendly technology on all its appliances that helps save energy and our planet.
- The Midea HS65L series is Energy Star compliant.
- High quality
- Works well
- Good value
- Not very roomy
The Haier HCR17W space-saving, refrigerator/freezer is the ideal addition to a dorm room, office, RV, or anywhere space is tight. The HCR17W saves space with a flat-back, compact design and it recessed door handle. It comes with 1.7 cu. ft. of useable space which is easily enough for one person’s needs. Take a look at its features list.
- The Haier HCR17 series is available in White (HCR17W) or Black (HCR17B) to match any décor.
- With 1.7 cu. ft. of useable space, the HCR17 series may be the perfect fit for a college dorm room, office cubicle, den, RV, or any location where space is limited.
- The handy, half-width freezer compartment comes with its own ice-cube tray and can accommodate small frozen items.
- A slide out, full-width wire shelf can be adjusted to suit your needs.
- You will appreciate the additional storage space provided by the full-width and half-width door storage shelves.
- The built-in door 2-liter bottle storage is handy for juice containers, milk, or soda bottles.
- Haier provides a limited 1-year parts and labor warranty on the HCR17 series.
- The Haier HCR17 series weighs in at a relatively lightweight 34.2 lbs. and measures 18.9 x 19.4 x 17.9 inches.
- This model is Energy Star certified.
- Quiet, efficient, and cold
- Has small freezer built-in
- Won’t keep ice cream frozen
- Can’t fit taller, wider items
- No light
- Temperature difficult to balance between freezer and fridge
Another little known manufacturer of compact refrigerators, Sunpentown International, Inc. (SPT) makes reliable, high-quality small fridges perfect for college dorm rooms, offices, countertops, RVs, and other places you need a small refrigerator. The SPT RF-250 series comes with some very useful features.
- The SPT RF-250 series comes in two colors including Stainless Steel (black sides) (RS-250SS) and White (RS-250W).
- Larger than many compact refrigerators, the SPT has a flush back and compact design to store plenty of food and beverages.
- With 2.5 cu. ft. of useable capacity, you will find plenty of room in the RS-250 to store all your favorite foods and beverages.
- Reversible doors allow you to place the RS-250 in the most convenient location.
- The tall bottle door rack can accommodate larger bottles of soda, milk, and juice.
- Complete with its own separate ice maker chamber, the RS-250 can do most things a regular-size refrigerator can do in a smaller space.
- The slide-out wire shelf adjusts to give you more versatility and is easy to clean.
- The SPT RS-250 features a transparent vegetable storage drawer with a built-in glass shelf.
- The adjustable thermostat allows you to tailor the temperature to your choice of foods and beverages.
- Front-leveling legs make it easy to level the RS-250 series on almost any surface.
- The SPT RS-250 series weighs in at 47 lbs. and measures 17.7 x 18.6 x 24.9 inches.
- The SPT RS-250 series is Energy Star compliant and CSA approved.
- Plenty of room
- Great value
- Relatively quiet
- Temperature of ice compartment hard to adjust
- Motor housing intrudes on interior space
The Danby DAR195BL compact refrigerator is one of two Danby fridges we reviewed for this article. It is smaller than the DAR259 series for even more compact spaces. Like the other compact refrigerators we have reviewed, it is the perfect size for anywhere you need to keep food and beverages cold, but don’t have a lot of space. Take a look at its main features.
- This all black small refrigerator will blend with any décor whether in the dorm or at the office.
- At 1.8 cu. ft. (51 liters), the DAR195BL has plenty of room to store food and beverages for one person.
- Automatic defrost makes the DAR195BL easy to maintain.
- Store even tall, 2-liter bottles of juice, soda, or milk right in the door.
- You will be able to handily store your beverage cans in the 2nd generation CanStor beverage dispenser.
- Need extra space for accessories or other items? The scratch-resistant work top of the DAR195BL is perfect for the job.
- Adjust the 1-1/2 removable shelves just the way you want for maximum storage flexibility.
- The door of the DAR195BL is removable for left- or right-hand operation so you can place the fridge where you need it.
- The DAR195BL weighs in at 44 lbs. and measures 19.69H x 17.50W x 19.62D inches.
- The DAR195BL is Energy Star compliant.
- Compact outside and spacious inside
- Runs very quietly
- Keeps contents very cold
- Looks nice
- Thermostat dial doesn’t indicate temperature
- Some complaints of noisiness
- Difficult to set temperature
- No freezer compartment
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of these compact refrigerators? Do you have a special use for one? Which compact refrigerator will you choose? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
Thanks for reading! I hope this article has given you valuable information that you can use to help choose the perfect small refrigerator for you!