A small fridge may be the perfect companion for your dormitory, wet bar, apartment, condo, or office cubicle. A small fridge can keep a variety of drinks and snacks cold without taking up nearly the space of a regular refrigerator.
Compact refrigerators are available with built-in freezers and without. Having a built-in freezer in such a small fridge can be problematic. Since there is no real separation between the compartments it can be difficult to adjust the temperature so that the freezer freezes and the refrigerator doesn’t get too cold.
If you want a small fridge and freezer, you should buy a model that has separate compartments and doors for each. For more information on compact refrigerator/freezers, please read our article Mini Fridge With Freezer: Top 5 Compact Refrigerator-Freezers.
Compact refrigerators or minifridges are very flexible and can be used as dorm refrigerators, apartment refrigerators, beverage refrigerators, bar refrigerators, or office refrigerators.
This article is about a refrigerator-only model that is very popular from a company in North America. Take a look and see if this is the perfect small fridge for you.
Danby Designer DAR017A2BDD Small Fridge, 1.7 Cubic Feet, Black
Danby started as a small family appliance manufacturer in Canada in the late 1940’s and has since grown to be one of the largest manufacturers of refrigeration equipment in North America. The Danby Designer 1.7 cu. ft. DAR017A2BDD Compact All Refrigerator is a great example of Danby’s commitment to exceeding customer expectations. Here are some of the notable features of the Danby Designer Compact 1.7 cu. ft. refrigerator.
- Stylish compact refrigerator design in black will look good wherever you place it in a dorm, wet bar, rec room, apartment, condo, or office cubicle.
- Good sized 1.7 cu. ft. (49 L) of space is ideal for storing drinks and snacks
- Handy 3rd-generation CanStor beverage dispenser provides quick access to 12 oz. cans
- The manual thermostat gives you complete control over the temperature of the unit
- Store snacks and other food on its one full width and one half width strong wire shelves which maximize space usage
- The scratch-resistant work top is perfect for storing accessories or for light kitchen work
- An automatic-defrost system keep the fridge running longer without icing
- Store even tall bottles in this spacious mini fridge
- ENERGY STAR compliance means this unit saves energy over non-compliant competition
- Danby uses R600A refrigerant to cool the unit which is environmentally friendly
- A reversible door, integrated handle, and smooth back make it easy to place this unit wherever it’s needed; even on countertops
- Danby provides a generous 18-month warranty on all parts and labor with this model
- Dimensions of this Danby fridge are 17-11/16 x 20-1/16 x 20-1/16 inches (45.0 x 51.0 x 51.0 cm)
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this compact refrigerator? Which compact fridge are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our refrigerator article! We sincerely hope that it has given you valuable information that helps you to choose the perfect small fridge for you!