Fun anytime, but especially during hot summer days, a shaved ice maker can take you back to your childhood at the carnival or fair or give your kids some of the same fun you remember so fondly. A shaved ice maker is a simple appliance that is great for get-togethers of family and friends for making snow cones or shaved ice for party drinks.
What should you look for in a shaved ice maker? Shaved ice machines are different from snow cone machines in the ice that they make. Ice shavers make softer, fluffier ice that’s perfect for party drinks, but may require you to pre-make ice into molded blocks prior to shaving the ice for the best results. Snow cone machines make ice shavings that are coarser, crunchier, and perfect for molding into the classic snow cone shape. Even though shaved ice makers can differ from snow cone machines in the consistency of the ice, most shaved ice makers can make snow cones and snow cone makers can shave ice for drinks.
Depending on where you live, your idea of the ice in a snow cone could be the fluffy kind or the coarse kind. So, if possible, make sure you understand what type of ice the shaved ice maker produces before you buy.
Beyond that, you can buy a manual or electric snow cone machine with or without built-in ice storage. If you’re planning to put a shaved ice machine on your home countertop, you might want to choose a stylish one with vintage or retro looks.
If you’re planning to use it a lot for drinks, you should definitely buy a professional grade shaved ice maker that is more durable and capable of lasting for years of frequent use.
Interested in learning about other party machines? Be sure and read our other articles about some of the best!
- EdgeStar Portable Stainless Steel Ice Maker
- Commercial Ice Cream Maker: Top Rated Professional Dessert Maker
- Counter Top Ice Maker: Top 7 Best Rated Compact Ice Makers
- Crushed Ice Machine: Top Rated Professional Home Ice Crusher
- Ice Cream Freezers: Make Delicious Homemade Ice Cream
- White Mountain Ice Cream Maker: Top Rated Home Ice Cream Maker
- Snow Cone Machine: 3 Great Home Cold Sweet Fun Makers
We focused on home shaved ice machines and snow cone makers that can handle all of your icy drink needs, but also have a style to them that will look good in your kitchen on your countertop.
We searched forums, manufacturer sites, retail sites, consumer sites, social media sites, and customer review sites to find popular and highly-rated models that are sure to please.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these ice shavers is the best shaved ice maker for your needs!
The Time for Treats VKP1100 Electric Snow Cone Maker is a simple ice shaver that makes your ice cubes into fluffy snow-like ice for snow cones, slushies, drinks, and other treats. Great for kids, it has a semi-transparent, see-through plastic top so they can see all the action while it’s happening and a wide base and rubber feet to make sure it’s stable during use. Safety features include a built-in safety switch that only allows the motor to run when the lid is completely closed. Easy-to-use, it uses regular ice cubes and doesn’t require pre-formed ice. Here’s what you need to know.
Shaved Ice Maker Features
- Electric ice shaver snow cone maker that makes fluffy snow-style ice for snow cones, slushies, drinks, and other icy treats from regular ice cubes
- Built-in safety features include a stable wide base, grippy rubber feet, and a safety switch that prevents operation with the lid open
Semi-transparent lid allows you to see the action while it’s happening
- Stainless steel blade is adjustable and replaceable
- 1-Year limited warranty
Nostalgia Electrics is known for its vintage-style, attention-grabbing, fun home appliances designed for family enjoyment and inspired by the days when cars were finned and burgers were served at diner counters. Their Nostalgia Electrics RSM602 Retro Series Snow Cone Maker with Shaved Ice Storage is a perfect example of their designs with its distinctive Retro Red finish, fine silver lines that recall the 1950s days of Americana. Capable of creating a variety of delicious and refreshing icy drinks that the whole family will love, it uses regular ice cubes and comes with plenty of shaved ice storage. Easy to use, you just fill the top with ice cubes, secure the lid, and let the icy snow fly. Serve your family and friends shaved ice from the ice storage bin and prepare snow cones on the handy cone shelf right on your countertop. Here’s what you need to know
- Retro style, vintage snow cone maker with shaved ice storage that uses regular ice cubes
- Large ice storage bin holds approximately 160 oz. of shaved ice to serve guests
- Handy cone shelf helps you prepare icy treats right on your countertop
- Side tray holds two snow cones
- Stainless steel cutting blades
- Built-in safety switch prevents operation while the top is open
- Dimensions are 11L x 11W x 13.5H inches and it weighs in at 6.2 lbs.
- A long 42.25-inch power cord makes it easier to place the unit in just the right location
- 2- 8-oz. reusable plastic cones
- Cone shelf holds 2 snow cones
You may not be aware, but Waring introduced the first blender to America and today is one of the leading manufacturers of professional-quality appliances for your home. Their kid-friendly carnival design Waring Pro SCM100 Professional Snow Cone Maker couldn’t be easier to use. All you need is ice and flavored syrup to enjoy the fun of creating sweet, fun icy treats right at home whenever you want. It’s also a safe appliance with a safety-interlock blade. It’s fast shaving enough ice for 4 snow cones in about 30 seconds and works of regular ice cubes. It comes with supplies so you and start making snow cones as soon as you receive your Waring Pro. Here’s what you need to know.
- Professional-quality snow cone maker, with kid-friendly carnival design, capable of shaving enough ice for 4 snow cones from up to 12 ice cubes in about 30 seconds
- Enjoy plenty of fun, icy treats, delicious slushes, and party drinks right in your own home using just ice cubes and your choice of flavored syrups
- Professional motor, heavy-duty blade mechanism and pull-out serving tray with interlock safety feature
- Two handy fold-down cone holders for easy storage
- Dimensions are 9.25D x 9W x 12H inches and it weighs in at 5.7 lbs.
- 5-Year limited warranty
- 12 – Paper cones
- 4 – BPA-free reusable plastic cone
Hawaiian Shaved Ice started out in 1995 with one shaved ice stand and a single employee. Today, their award winning products are enjoyed by thousands all over the world. They’ve put all their years of hands-on shaved ice experience into their Hawaiian Shaved Ice S900A Snow Cone Machine Party Package. This is another model in our list that doesn’t come with shaved ice storage, but it does come with a party package and a very highly-rate shaved ice machine. This model can produce lots of fine, fluffy, powdery snow perfect for snow cones, slushies, and party drinks of all kinds for sleepovers, pool parties, and other get-togethers of family and friends. Their party package comes with snow cone cups, spoon straws, push-pull pourers, and cherry, grape, and blue raspberry syrup in 16 oz. bottles. This model does recommend you pre-freeze included specialty ice molds to create better shaved ice. You can use regular ice cubes, but the resulting shaved ice won’t be as fluffy. You can serve the whole group from the ice storage bin or prepare snow cones on demand. Here’s what you need to know.
- Shaved ice maker party package with S900A shaved ice maker and everything you need to make fine, fluffy, powdery ice for snow cones, slushies, and party drinks
- Blade is adjustable
- Dimensions are 6.5W x 8D and 14H inches
- 1-Year limited warranty
- 2 – Ice molds
- 3 – 16-oz. bottles of premium syrup including cherry, grape, and blue raspberry flavors
- 25 – Snow cone cups
- 25 – Spoon straws
- 3 – Push-pull pourers
- 1 – Non-slip mat
Hawaiian Shaved Ice is also known for their thicker, true-to-taste, delicious snow cone syrup flavors made with the finest ingredients. They do not have to be refrigerated after opening.
Nostalgia Electric’s SCM502 Vintage Collection Snow Cone Maker and Shaved Ice Storage is another great shaved ice maker from Nostalgia Electrics. It’s capable of creating a variety of delicious snow cones and refreshing ice drinks. It’s simple to operate and uses regular ice cubes to make your frozen treats. Just fill the top with ice cubes, close the lid securely, and make shaved ice. Here’s what you need to know.
- Vintage-style, countertop snow cone maker and 160 oz. capacity shaved ice storage that uses regular ice cubes
- Handy cone shelf holds two snow cones
- Built-in safety switch prevents operation with top open
- Stainless steel cutting blades
- 2 – 8-oz. reusable plastic cones
Shaved Ice Maker Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of these shaved ice machines? Which shaved ice maker is at the top of your list to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our BestRefrigeratorCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the perfect shaved ice maker for your needs!