A personal fridge is a very small electric cooler that usually holds at least six standard beverage cans and can be placed on a desktop or counter close to your work space or entertainment space. A personal fridge has advantages over a larger mini refrigerator that is compressor-based, uses more power, can be noisy, and is usually too large to easily place on a desk or countertop.
Most people buy a personal fridge for the convenience of keeping a small amount of food or drinks cold and very close at hand.
A personal fridge also differs from a mini fridge in that it uses thermoelectric cooling and runs on DC power.
Straight out of the space program, a thermoelectric fridge uses cooling technology with very low power requirements. A regular compressor-based refrigerator like a regular mini fridge or your home fridge needs AC power and a compressor that takes space away from your food and drinks.
One shortcoming of a thermoelectric cooler is that is depends on ambient air temperature to cool. Most can cool to better than 30 degrees F below ambient air temperature and so if it’s warm where you will be keeping the fridge, the contents may not get as cold as you would like.
On other hand, an air-conditioned office is the perfect location for a thermoelectric compact refrigerator.
Interested in learning about other mini fridges? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Desktop Refrigerator: Best Rated Desk Mini Fridge Cooler
- Igloo Refrigerator: Compact Refrigerator Sparks Romance
- Drink Refrigerator: 7 Fun Compact Beverage Refrigerators Keep Drinks Cold
- Desk Fridge: 10 Stylish Trendy AC/DC Desktop Mini Fridges
Interestingly, thermoelectric coolers can also be warmers so if you want to keep some food warm instead, you can use your personal fridge as a personal warmer.
We searched fridge forums, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, social media, retail sites, and customer reviews sites to find the most popular and highly rated desktop fridge.
Take a look at our choice and see if this Cooluli small personal cooler is the best small fridge for your needs!
With the ability to easily switch from cooler to warmer, the thermoelectric Cooluli 6-Can Electric Cooler and Warmer in Blue is the flexible choice for keeping food warm or drinks cold anywhere you need it. It features space for up to six standard 12-oz. cans in a compact, portable design. You can power this from just about any source using the included 110VAC, 12VDC, and USB adapters. You can even power this model with a 2A power bank using the On the GO USB Power Bank Option and the included USB cord. Other portability features include a lightweight, sturdy polypropylene plastic shell, a magnetic self-locking latching door, and a top mounted carrying handle. Its beautiful blue and white matte finish will make it a sleek addition to your home or office. Easy to clean, just wipe it down to clean inside and out. This personal fridge is the ideal size for use in home offices, entertainment rooms, at the office, or in a dorm room. Keep your meds cool and near the bed in your bedroom. In the nursery, you can keep milk or formula at the right temperature or at work, bring your lunch and keep it warm until you’re ready to eat.
Personal Fridge: Features
- 6-Can/4L, thermoelectric, AC- and DC-capable, portable electric cooler
- Cooling capacity is 40-45 degrees F below ambient temperature and its warming capacity is 122 to 144 degrees F
- Keep your drinks and snacks cold without buying expensive ice
- Very portable and ideal for taking with you in your vehicle, taking to the campground, using at a picnic, placing on a boat or RV, and more
- Its sturdy, lightweight polypropylene plastic construction, magnetic self-locking latching door, and top-mounted carrying handle make it easy to take with you
- Switches easily from a cooler to a warmer at the flip of a switch
- Holds up to six standard 12-ounce beverage cans
- Comes with both 110VAC, 12VDC, and USB power adapters
- Environmentally friendly, it does not use Freon coolant
- Dimensions are 11H x 7-1/4W x 10D inches
- Quiet operation
- Quality construction and materials
- Keeps drinks cold or snacks warm at the flip of a switch
- Very compact and portable
- Light weight makes it difficult to open with one hand without moving it
- Some reports of frost and condensation on the interior
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this small fridge? Which desktop fridge are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A personal refrigerator is the handy way to keep cold drinks near at all times without the need for messy ice buckets or expensive mini fridges. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best personal fridge for your needs!