A minifridge is a great way to take the burden off your primary refrigerator while keeping your food and beverages cold and handy. Also, known as a compact refrigerator, a minifridge is available in a variety of sizes, colors, and styles to fit just about every need.
A minifridge can range in size from about 1.7 cu. ft. to more than 4.0 cu. ft. depending on the requirement and can house a variety of storage features including in-door bottle storage, can storage, and more.
Interested in seeing other compact refrigerator models? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Igloo Refrigerator: Compact Refrigerator Sparks Romance
- Daewoo Refrigerator: Best Looking New Retro Style Compact Refrigerator
- Small Office Refrigerator: Top 5 Best Rated Compact Office Refrigerators
- Compact Refrigerator with Lock: 4 Top Rated Lockable Mini Fridges
- Danby Compact Refrigerator: Big Storage Spotless Steel All Fridge
- Desk Fridge: 10 Stylish Trendy AC/DC Desktop Mini Fridges
- Little Fridge: Most Popular Compact Refrigerator and Freezer
- Stainless Steel Mini Fridge: Top 5 Best Rated Compact Refrigerators
- Vintage Refrigerator: Best Classic Compact Retro Refrigerators
- Small Refrigerator Freezer: Top 5 Compact Fridge Freezers
- Garage Fridge: Coolest Compact Garage Refrigerator
- Small Fridge: Best Compact Refrigerator
- Retro Refrigerator: Best Compact Retro Fridge
- Micro Fridge: Coldest Compact Mini Fridge
- Mini Fridge With Freezer: Top 5 Compact Refrigerator-Freezers
- Small Refrigerator: Top 5 Compact Refrigerators
One of the big questions you need to ask yourself is whether you need a freezer in your mini refrigerator. Freezers can be configured inside the refrigerator or in a separate compartment with its own door. Minifridge models with separate freezer compartments do a better job at both functions. On the other hand, it can be difficult to adjust the temperature in a combination fridge freezer with the freezer compartment inside the refrigerator.
Many users choose an all-refrigerator model that is dedicated to the refrigeration function. The advantage is that you get the best performance from the minifridge while gaining the space that would have been taken up by the freezer section.
Our interest was in finding a mid-size small refrigerator that is all refrigerator, has plenty of space, while still being reasonably priced.
We searched refrigeration forums, consumer sites, social media, manufacturer sites, customer review sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated model.
Take a look at this 2.6 cu. ft. minifridge and see if it’s the best compact refrigerator for your needs!
One of the most popular all-refrigerators you can buy, the Danby Designer DAR026A1BDD Compact All Refrigerator, 2.6-Cubic Feet, Black has the size, performance, and features you need at a budget price. Ideal for placement on floors or countertops, it gives you plenty of flexibility. It features auto-defrost, Danby’s CanStor beverage dispenser, tall bottle storage in the door, and a scratch-resistant work top to hold a microwave or other necessities. With two and a half wire shelves, you get great storage versatility. This minifridge is also environmentally conscious using the newer R600A refrigerant and sporting an Energy Star rating. If you’re looking for an office fridge or dorm refrigerator, this is a great choice.
- 2.6 cu. ft. all-refrigerator with automatic defrost
- 3rd generation CanStor beverage dispenser and tall bottle storage in the door
- Scratch-resistant work top
- Mechanical temperature control
- Two full wide and one half width wire adjustable shelves provide plenty of storage versatility
- Reversible door, integrated door handle, and smooth back let you place this minifridge just about anywhere
- Uses Eeco-friendly R600A refrigerant and has an Energy Star rating
- Leveling legs
- Dimensions are 17.6875W x 20-1/16D x 26.9375H inches and it weighs 50.22 lbs.
- 18-Month limited parts and labor warranty on this compact fridge
- Lots of storage space
- Quality construction and materials
- Keeps food and beverages very cold
- Nice interior design and layout
- Several reports that fridge arrived damaged
- Temperature control is inconveniently located on the back side of the fridge
- No interior light
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of these compact refrigerators? Do you have a special use for one? Which compact refrigerator will you choose? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A compact all-refrigerator can take the burden off your kitchen refrigerator or can be used to store food and beverages in your office, rec room, dorm, or man cave. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best minifridge for your needs!