An electric ice cream maker has the advantage of taking the work out of making ice cream at home, but unless it’s compressor-based, you still have to prechill the ice cream bowl before you can make ice cream. That means you’re limited to one batch of ice cream. An electric ice cream maker with a compressor does away with the need for pre-chilling and lets you make batch after batch of ice cream.
A compressor-based electric ice cream maker is the best choice for those who like to make lots of ice cream or more than one flavor for parties and other family get-togethers. Customers buy electric ice cream machines because they want to speed up the process, take the work out of the freezing process, and to obtain the same consistency and flavor each time they make ice cream.
Interested in learning about other frozen treat makers? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Soft Serve Ice Cream Machine: Best Home Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
- Shaved Ice Maker: Top 5 Best Rated Electric Shaved Ice Snow Cone Machines
- Commercial Ice Cream Maker: Top Rated Professional Dessert Maker
- Ice Cream Freezers: Make Delicious Homemade Ice Cream
- White Mountain Ice Cream Maker: Top Rated Home Ice Cream Maker
- Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker DM3000: Buying Guide
- Snow Cone Machine: 3 Great Home Cold Sweet Fun Makers
Manual ice cream makers require more work, take more time, and make it more difficult to make consistent batches.
What about mix-ins? Most compressor ice cream machines provide a way to add your favorite mix-ins while churning making the varieties of ice cream you make almost endless.
If you’re going to make a lot of ice cream, it’s important that you choose an ice cream maker that is durable and constructed from commercial-quality materials. That will insure you can make ice cream for years to come.
We searched frozen dessert forums, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, retail sites, social media, and customer reviews sites to find the most popular and highly rated compressor electric ice cream maker.
Take a look at our choice and see if this is the best ice cream machine for your needs!
An electric ice cream machine makes ice cream faster, easier, and with better consistency than a manual ice cream maker. The problem is that most require you to prechill the ice cream bowl prior to making ice cream. With a compressor-based electric ice cream maker like the Cuisinart ICE-100 Compressor Ice Cream and Gelato Maker you can make as much ice cream as you like batch after batch without having to stop to prechill. This very popular model from Cuisinart makes a full 1-1/2 quarts of rich gelato, ice cream, or light sorbet with professional results every time. It features separate paddles for gelato and ice cream, fully automatic operation with a 60-minute countdown timer, and a Keep Cool function that keeps your ice cream or gelato cool after completion for perfect consistency every time. Add your favorite mix-ins like chocolate chips, candy bar pieces, brownies, nuts, fruit and more directly through the clear lid without interrupting mixing. If you love ice cream, you will love this Cuisinart ice cream maker.
Electric Ice Cream Maker: Features
- Professional-grade, fully automatic, 1-1/2-quart compressor-based ice cream machine makes rich gelato and ice cream without prechilling
- Commercial-quality compressor means the best performance and long life
- High-quality anodized aluminum mixing bowl has a lift-out handle for easy removal
- Capable of making batch after batch without having to pre-freeze the container
- 60-minute countdown timer can be set in 10-minute intervals
- 10-minute Keep Cool function activates after timer to keep your ice cream or gelato cool and protecting its consistency
- Separate churning paddles for gelato and ice cream
- Touchpad Control Panel has a Blue LCD readout and red illuminated power button
- Start/stop button can be pressed at any point in the mixing/cooling cycle to pause the timer and mixing process
- Add mix-ins like fruits, chocolate chunks, brownies, chocolate chips, nuts and more directly through clear lid while churning without interrupting mixing
- Removable see-through lid allows you to watch the mixing process in action
- BPA-free materials
- Dimensions are 16L x 12W x 9H inches and it weighs 32 lbs.
- 1 – Ice cream churning paddle
- 1 – Gelato churning paddle
- 1 – Recipe book
- Makes creamy consistent ice cream time after time
- Fast and easy to use
- No pre-chilling required
- Commercial-quality design and construction
- Loud operation with squeaking noises
- Large and heavy for countertop use
- Reports that bottom of the container does not freeze properly
Electric Ice Cream Maker
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this automatic ice cream machine? Which ice cream maker are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
An ice cream machine is the fun way to enjoy your favorite frozen treats in the comfort of your home. An electric model makes the process easier and delivers more consistent results. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best electric ice cream maker for your needs.