You’re looking for an EdgeStar portable stainless steel ice maker, but you’re not sure which one to buy. Portable ice makers are a great addition to the kitchen making it much easier to support get-togethers where the need for ice can overtax your side-by-side. Of the available models, an EdgeStar Portable stainless steel ice maker has the features and value that most users are looking for.
The advantage of a portable ice maker is that you can take it with you. Whether you are supporting a party away from home, you own an RV, or you want to make ice by the pool, a portable ice machine gives you that kind of flexibility.
Portable ice makers are not battery operated, so they still need a power source, but their size makes them easier to move around than a freezer or other dedicated ice maker.
Even though they are portable, most models have the capacity to make a large volume of ice in a much shorter period than your home fridge.
A portable ice maker can even save you money in the long run if you depend on store-bought bags of ice to support parties and other events. Portable ice makers are efficient and produce ice at a very low cost.
They couldn’t be easier to use. Just plug into a standard 115V outlet, add water and turn it on. Within 10 minutes you will have ready-to-serve ice.
Want to see other ice machines? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best:
- Counter Top Ice Maker: Top 7 Best Rated Compact Ice Makers
- Crushed Ice Machine: Top Rated Professional Home Ice Crusher
- Undercounter Ice Machine: Top Rated Compact Commercial 85 lb Ice Maker
- Hoshizaki Ice Maker: Hoshizaki Ice Maker Selection Guide
- Undercounter Ice Maker: 3 Top 12-Pound Ice Machines
What should you look for in an EdgeStar portable stainless steel ice maker? EdgeStar is consistent in its designs, but features and capacity do differ between models. What are some of the features to look for?
Whether it’s a large party or several friends getting together to watch the game, you don’t want to have to wait for ice. You know how long it takes for your home refrigerator to fill the ice bin. That’s not acceptable for your party. Fortunately, most portable ice makers are capable of producing ready-to-serve ice in less than 15 minutes. In fact, the model we’re recommending in this article can do it in an average of 10 minutes.
With portable ice makers, capacity is measured in pounds of ice in 24 hours. Most portable ice makers can produce over 25 lbs. of ice in a 24-hour period.
Ice comes in many different types and sizes. The best portable ice makers give you a choice of size.
It probably goes without saying that if an ice maker has the word portable in its model name that it is designed to be portable. The problem is that one company’s definition of portable might be different from another’s. To be truly portable, your new ice maker probably shouldn’t weigh much more than 25 lbs. and it should be compact enough to take with you or work nicely as a countertop ice maker.
Take a look at this model of EdgeStar portable ice maker and see if it is the best ice maker for your needs!
Stainless steel is a great look for appliances and the EdgeStar IP210SS1 Portable Ice Maker is no exception. This model uses commercial-grade stainless steel to wrap its exterior giving it that professional, classy look you love. What sets this model apart from other portable ice makers is its easy-to-use electronic controls with its simple buttons and digital display. Perfect for countertop use, it is only 15 inches high, but can produce enough ice to support just about any get-together of family and friends you might have. Here’s what you need to know about this ice maker machine.
- Beautiful commercial-grade stainless steel exterior wrap with matching silver lid is both durable and stylish
- Produces up to 28 lbs. of ice per day and stores up to 2 lbs. of ice in its built-in insulated storage compartment
- Produces ready-to-serve ice in as little as 6 minutes
- Reuses melted ice to make more ice conserving water resources
- Selectable small/medium/large bullet ice cube size
- Easy-to-use electronic controls, simple buttons, and digital display
- Compact, low-profile design fits neatly on any kitchen or wet bar countertop
- Large 1-gallon water reservoir
- No drain is required
- Dimensions are 14-1/2H x 11-3/4W x 14-1/2D inches and weighs in at 25 lbs.
- 1-Year parts and 90-day labor warranty
EdgeStar Portable Stainless Steel Ice Maker Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think about this popular ice maker? Which portable ice machine is at the top of your list to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our BestRefrigeratorCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information about this EdgeStar Portable Stainless Steel Ice Maker!