An EdgeStar ice maker is a fast and convenient way to create extra ice for parties and family get-togethers without putting
You can buy a compact EdgeStar ice maker, but if you an need a larger capacity that can make a lot of ice and stores more as well, then EdgeStar also makes a large capacity countertop model just for you.
What should you look for in a large capacity, countertop ice maker?
Interested in learning about other popular home ice makers? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Igloo Portable Ice Maker: Top Rated Portable Ice Machine
- Portable Ice Maker: Top Rated Portable Electric Ice Maker
- Nugget Ice Maker: Budget Nugget Ice Maker Makes the Ice You Love
- Ice Maker Dispenser: Top Rated Countertop Ice Maker Dispenser
- Home Ice Machine: Top Rated Countertop Ice Maker
- EdgeStar Portable Stainless Steel Ice Maker
- Counter Top Ice Maker: Top 7 Best Rated Compact Ice Makers
Second, there is ice storage. Most countertop icemakers do not have frozen storage, but they do usually have a bin that will store ice for some period before it melts. Look for an insulated ice bin that will keep ice frozen as long as possible.
Water Source and Usage
For most compact ice makers, the water source is your tap or bottled water. Counter top ice makers don’t have the capacity that would require a dedicated water connection or drain.
On the other hand, how your ice maker uses that water is also important. If your ice maker has a bin, but know integrated water reuse system, the ice will just melt in the bin and you will have to empty it periodically.
If your ice maker has a water reuse system, it will automatically reuse melted ice to create new ice, saving water and prolonging the life of ice in the bin.
Simple, compact ice makers are often constructed of plastic that can be of questionable durability and may also look like their of inferior quality. Metal-clad ice makers with stainless steel exteriors, not only look better, they are more durable, easier to clean
If you’re ice maker doesn’t have self-clean capability, you will need to keep up with its maintenance more often. A self-cleaning model has an integrated system that keeps the ice-making mechanism clean and reduces maintenance.
We searched appliance forums, manufacturer sites, social media, consumer sites, customer review sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated large capacity countertop ice makers.
Take a look at our choice and see if this countertop ice maker is the best ice maker for your needs!
If you’re looking for an EdgeStar ice maker with a larger capacity, fast ice production, and larger ice storage, then the EdgeStar IP250SS Large Capacity Portable Countertop Ice Maker in Stainless Steel is an excellent choice. It features fast ice production within 10 minutes, a large daily production of 48 lbs. of ice, and a larger ice storage capacity of 2.6 lbs. of ice. Even with it’s larger size, it’s still a countertop ice maker that’s compact and lightweight enough to be portable for use on an RV, boat, or anywhere space is tight and you have an electrical outlet. It not only has the features you’re looking for, it also has the looks. It’s wrapped in sleek and durable stainless steel that will perfectly complement any modern kitchen decor.
EdgeStar Ice Maker: Features
- Large capacity (48 lbs. of bullet ice per day), countertop ice maker
- Beautiful stainless steel construction is durable, commercial-grade
- Fast ice production within 10 minutes
- Insulated ice storage bin stores up to 2.6 lbs. of ice at a time
- Easy-to-use LCD control panel and display allow you to choose your desired ice size, turn the unit on and off, or set the programmable timer
- Products three different bullet ice cube sizes (small, medium, and large) depending on your needs
- The unit is well-insulated to keep ice frozen as long as possible, but it does not have frozen storage
- Programmable timer lets you set when you want your ice maker to start or stop
- No drain or permanent water connection required
- Intelligent, innovative water-use design reuses melted ice to create new ice
- Self-cleaning technology keeps the ice maker clean reducing maintenance
- Uses tap or bottled water
- Dimensions are 15H x 17-1/8W x 17D inches and it weighs 36.8 lbs.
- 1-Year limited manufacturer’s parts warranty and 90-day limited labor warranty
- Beautiful design
- Easy to use
- Large capacity ice production
- Fast ice production
- Luggable and heavy for transport
Edgestar Ice Maker
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this countertop ice maker? Which Edgestar ice maker are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A countertop ice maker is