You have a refrigerator in your RV, but what about when all the action is going on outside? Your compact refrigerator can’t possibly keep up with the demands of daily RV life and entertain all your friends and family who visit, too. For that you need a Dometic RV refrigerator. Dometic has been making its Dometic RV refrigerator models for years and is a trusted portable refrigerator brand.
A Dometic RV refrigerator is the perfect complement to your existing refrigerator as it is a true compressor-based refrigerator that is compact enough to fit in a compartment under the RV. When you’re ready to entertain, you will have a fully capable refrigerator that will chill beverages and food to the perfect temperature.
The common denominator among all RVs is vibration and shock. While they’re sitting still things are pretty quiet. Fire it up and put it on the road and your RV, pretty much no matter how fancy, will try to shake everything to death.
That means that the accessories you buy, including a portable fridge-freezer, need to be shock and vibration resistant, and they need to have heavy-duty components that can stand up to the abuse.
Components like heavy-duty hinges, robust materials, tough locking mechanisms, and shock-resistant compressors are all important to the survival of any portable RV refrigerator.
There is nothing worse than being a guest at an RV get-together where they’re serving almost cold beer and other beverages from a thermoelectric or low-power fridge. Beyond that, ice cream and other frozen treats will melt fast enough anyway without them starting soft and partially frozen.
Interested in other portable true refrigerators and freezers? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Camper Refrigerator: Portable Refrigerator Saves Camping Trip
- Portable Refrigerator: Top 8 Portable Real Fridges
- Truck Refrigerator: Over-the-Road Trucker Fridge Buying Tips
- 12V Refrigerator: Top 5 Best Vehicle Coolers and Refrigerators
You need a compressor-based cooler freezer that can really freeze down to at least 0 degrees F and a refrigerator that can cool beer down short of ice forming in the beer. Others can disagree, that’s how I like it. Anything short of that is always going to be a disappointment.
The last thing you want is to spend your hard-earned money on a portable fridge-freezer only to find out a few months down the road that you wish you had gotten the larger model. These things aren’t cheap and it’s better to allow for more than you need so that when the situation arises where you need a larger size, you’re ready.
Go ahead and get the slide-out tray system, too so that the refrigerator is as convenient as possible to use and store around the RV. No matter which RV refrigerator you choose, they’re heavy despite using lightweight materials. You don’t want to have to lug one of these out of a bay or heaven forbid within the RV itself.
Flexible Power Inputs
Power is a critical necessity when traveling in an RV. When you stay at a campground or RV park, it’s not nearly the worry that it is when you’re off the grid. You need to have the flexibility to accept power from just about source and that means if you’re traveling domestically 120VAC, 12VDC, an 24VDC. By a model with this kind of flexibility. You will be glad you did.
If you’re looking for more than a portable refrigerator and want a freezer as well then dual-zone is the only way to go. Even in non-portable refrigerators that have a partial freezer in the main compartment, the delicate balancing act necessary to keep frozen foodstuffs from melting and refrigerator contents from freezing is more of an art than a science. I’m no artist, so separate refrigerator and freezer compartments means frozen foods will be frozen and foods and beverages destined for the refrigerator will be perfectly chilled and no more.
Some features that aren’t absolutely essential but make life easier when traveling with a portable refrigerator include interior LED lighting, interior baskets or shelves for organization, accurate external temperature display, a detachable lid, USB port for charging portable electronic devices, Wi-Fi connectivity to monitor and control temperature remotely using an app, and temperature memory recall after the unit is shut down.
Take a look at one of Dometic’s premier fridge-freezers and see if this is the best portable refrigerator-freezer for your needs!
The Dometic brand is associated with comfort and strength for the mobile lifestyle. It is one of the most trusted brands in travel equipment including portable RV refrigerators and freezers like the Dometic CFX-95DZUS Dual Zone Portable Electric Refrigerator/Freezer. All of Dometic’s fridge/freezers are designed to be go-anywhere appliances offering rugged construction, innovative technology, and power, efficient cooling. This Dometic fridge is their top-of-the-line and features dual-zone separate refrigerator and freezer compartments perfect for keeping frozen foods frozen and refrigerator food and beverages chilled perfectly. This RV fridge is also the first CFX refrigerator to offer remote temperature control and monitoring using built-in Wi-Fi and either an Android or iOS app for tablets or smartphones. Large enough for entertaining at the RV site, it’s also perfect for anywhere you need additional, portable refrigerator and freezer space like on boats, in over-the-road trucks, or while camping, tailgating, or picnicking. Here’s what you need to know about this Dometic refrigerator.
Dometic RV Refrigerator Features
- Powerful, rugged, dual-zone, 94.5L portable electric refrigerator and freezer can handle up to 117 12 oz. cans
- True dual-zone capability with two separate compartments that can be setup in your choice of configuration including both compartments as freezers, refrigerators, or one compartment fridge and the other freezer
- Flexible temperature capability from -8 degrees F to +50 degrees F (-22 to +10 degrees C) with Quick-Chill Turbo Function
- Wi-Fi-enabled unit can be controlled and monitored remotely using available Android and iOS apps
- Convenient power input capability includes 120VAC, 12VDC, and 24VDC
- Removable baskets with divider for easier organization
- Dual, independent electronic thermostat controls, soft-touch control panel with LED digital temperature display, and thermostat preset temperature memory
- Soft-touch control panel
- Handy, space-saving folding, spring-loaded, detachable carry handles can also be used as tie-down points
- 22 mm wide multi-air pocket gaskets on the reversible lids for optimized energy efficiency and performance at high ambient temperatures
- Energy-efficient LED interior light
- Heavy-duty stainless steel hinges are reversible to open from either side
- Detachable/reversible lids
- Heavy-duty, rugged closing mechanism
- USB port for charging small electronic devices
- 2-Year limited warranty
- 1 – AC power cord
- 1 – DC power cord
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this Dometic refrigerator/freezer? Which portable refrigerator is at the top of your list to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our BestRefrigeratorCentral.com article! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information about this premier Dometic RV refrigerator to help you decide if it’s right for you!