A desktop refrigerator is an excellent choice when you want to keep beverages and snacks cold right at your desk. A desktop refrigerator differs from a mini fridge in that it’s usually smaller, uses thermoelectric cooling, and runs on DC power.
A thermoelectric desktop refrigerator uses NASA cooling technology to cool your drinks with very low power requirements. A regular compressor-based refrigerator needs AC power to operate and needs to be larger to accommodate both the compressor and your food and drinks.
The downside of a thermoelectric cooler is that is depends on ambient air to reduce the temperature in the desktop refrigerator. Most can only cool to around 30 degrees F below ambient air temperature and so if it’s warm where you will be keeping the fridge, the contents may not get as cold as you would like.
Interested in learning about other mini fridges? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Drink Refrigerator: 7 Fun Compact Beverage Refrigerators Keep Drinks Cold
- Desk Fridge: 10 Stylish Trendy AC/DC Desktop Mini Fridges
On the up side, if you work in a temperature controlled office with the temperature at 70 degrees F or so, the temperature of a thermoelectric desktop mini refrigerator may be acceptable to you.
Also, because of their technology, thermoelectric coolers go both ways. They can cool or heat. So, if you have snacks you want to keep warm instead of drinks to keep cool, you can use your desktop refrigerator as a warmer instead.
Thermoelectric coolers get a bad rep because of their dependency on ambient air temperature. Most of the complaints come from people who try to use their desktop compact refrigerator in hot conditions that it wasn’t designed for. Considering how they work, how little power they use, and their compactness, they really make excellent desktop coolers for an office environment where the temperature is controlled.
We searched office forums, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, social media, retail sites, and customer reviews sites to find the most popular and highly rated desktop fridge.
Take a look at our choice and see if this is the best desk fridge for your needs!
If you’re looking for a desktop refrigerator to keep your drinks and snacks cold at your desk, the Cooluli 18-Can AC/DC Portable Electric Mini Fridge Cooler and Warmer in White is an excellent choice. It features space-age, low-power, thermoelectric technology to keep your beverages and food cold without the need for expensive and messy ice. It plugs into the included AC adapter and takes up very little space on your desk. It also switches easily from a cooler to a warmer at the flip of a switch if you prefer to use it to warm snacks instead. If you plan to use it as a portable cooler, it comes with a DC power port adapter that you can plug into your vehicle for use on road trips, in RVs, boats, picnicking, camping, or other outdoor adventures.
Desktop Refrigerator: Features
- 18-Can/15L, thermoelectric, AC/DC, portable electric refrigerator
- Keeps drinks and snacks cold without expensive and messy ice
- Portable for use in vehicles, while camping, picnicking, boats, RVs, and more
- With durable construction and lightweight materials, it is designed to handle portable applications
- Switches easily from a cooler to a warmer at the flip of a switch
- Cooler stays cold for up to 2 hours
- Holds up to 15 standard 12-ounce beverage cans
- Long 6.5-foot DC power cable and with power port adapter and 6-foot AC power cord included
- Comes with both 110VAC and 12VDC power adapters
- Environmentally friendly, it does not use Freon coolant
- Dimensions are 10.6 x 12.4 x 14.5 inches and weighs 10.6 lbs.
- Perfect desktop size
- Compact, quiet, and cold
- Sleek design
- Removable shelves
- Temperature depends on ambient temperature
- Door hinges not reversible
- No user guide
- Hard to determine which way the door opens
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this desk fridge? Which desktop cooler are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A desktop refrigerator is the convenient way to keep beverages and snacks cold right at your desk. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right desktop refrigerator for your needs!