There are few appliances more convenient than a counter top ice maker, particularly when you don’t have much capacity in your refrigerator and you need ice for parties or other events. There are many styles and models of counter top ice maker available and that can make it difficult to choose.
Here are some quick tips to help you choose the right counter top ice maker for you:
Measured in pounds per 24-hour day, the volume of ice an ice machine produces tells you if it will satisfy your ice making needs. You can expect a counter top ice maker to produce around 30 lbs. of ice per day.
Looking for other ice machines? Be sure and see our articles about some of the best:
- Undercounter Ice Machine: Top Rated Compact Commercial 85 lb Ice Maker
- Hoshizaki Ice Maker: Hoshizaki Ice Maker Selection Guide
- Undercounter Ice Maker: 3 Top 12-Pound Ice Machines
You don’t typically use all of the ice that’s produced immediately so most ice makers come with a bin that allows you to store ice temporarily until it’s needed. A typical countertop ice maker can store about 2 lbs. of ice in its bin.
Ice is used for a variety of purposes and different sized ice cubes are better for some uses than others. The best would be if the ice maker could produce different sized ice cubes. Fortunately, many modern ice machines can produce multiple ice sizes usually up to three.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these top-rated ice makers is the best ice maker for your needs!
Knox is a small company that brings a variety of unique products to market. Their Knox KN-IM27S Portable Compact Ice Maker is a popular model that has many great features and comes in a variety of colors. Unlike the ice maker in your fridge, this ice maker can generate frozen cubes in as little as 6 minutes so you never have to wait or drive to the convenience store. It can produce three sizes of bullet-shaped ice allowing you to tailor the ice to your drink needs. Here’s what you need to know about this small ice maker.
- Compressor-based compact, portable ice machine makes up to 27 lbs. of ice per 24-hour cycle
- Unique ice tray and water reservoir connection reuses melted ice cubes insuring zero water waste and making the ice maker truly set and forget
- 95 oz. water reservoir
- Produces ice cubes in as little as 6 minutes
- Produces three sizes of bullet-shaped ice
- Auto-start function allows you to start ice production automatically by time
- 2.2 lb. built-in removable ice storage bin
- Melted ice gets re-made automatically
- Easy-to-use backlit LCD control panel and display
- Indicators for low-water, ice-full, ice-dropping, and ice status with alerts for low water level and ice full
- Ice-full indicator
- Ice dropping indicator
- Ice status
- Large transparent ice window makes ice process and level monitoring easy
- Ice scoop included
- Dimensions are 16 x 14 x 14 inches and weighs in at 24 lbs.
The Igloo ICE103 Counter Top Ice Maker has an over-sized ice bucket and is capable of making up to 26 lbs. of ice per 24-hour period. It has three cube size options and is compact enough to take it with you to the party. Fast and simple to use, it can start producing your first batch of ice in as little as 6 minutes at the push of a button. Lightweight and compact, you can easily take this ice maker to the pool, boat, or wherever the party is. Durable and easy-to-clean stainless steel design. Here’s what you need to know about this Igloo ice maker.
- Compressor-based compact ice maker produces up to 26 lbs. of ice per 24-hour period in either of three sizes
- Can produce the first batch of ice in as little as 6 minutes
- Over-sized ice basket holds 2.2 lbs. of ice cubes
Ivation’s Ivation Portable Ice Maker gets the party started fast producing ice in as little as 6 minutes. It can produce up to 26.5 lbs. of ice per 24-hour cycle in any of three selectable sizes. It comes with a water-recycling system that reuses melted ice to make more cubes. Built-in smart alarms keep you informed about ice making status and a clock/timer allows you to schedule ice making sessions in advance. Here’s what you need to know about this home ice machine.
- Compressor-based portable ice maker machine produces up to 26.5 lbs. of ice in each 24-hour cycle
- 2.2 lbs. of ice storage capacity in removable bin
- Water storage capacity of 2.8 liters
- Three selectable ice sizes
- Handy water-recycling system reuses melted cubes to make more ice
- Smart alerts for reservoir-low, ice bucket-full, ice-moving problem, and ice-making standby
- Backlit LCD display
- Programmable clock/timer allows you to schedule ice-making sessions in advance
- Ice bucket-full automatic shut-off
- Included ice scoop
- Dimensions are 11.7 x 14.2 x 13.3 inches and it weighs 25 lbs.
The NewAir AI-100R 28-Pound Portable Icemaker is capable of producing up to 28 lbs. of ice per 24-hour cycle and is available in multiple colors. It can make ice in any of three cube sizes and has convenient indicators for ice-making status. Here’s what you need to know about these portable ice makers.
- Portable ice maker can produce up to 28 lbs. per 24-hour cycle in any of 3 cube sizes and can start making the first ice batch in as little as 6 minutes.
- Removable ice bin
- Indicators for reservoir-low and full ice bucket
- Convenient side drain
- Push button controls
- Dimensions are 15H x 11.75W x 14.5D inches and it weighs in at 24.3 lbs.
The iGloo ICE102 Compact Ice Maker can produce up to 26 lbs. of ice per 24-hour cycle in either of two ice sizes and can store up to 1.5 lbs. of ice. Available in multiple colors, it can provide your first batch of ice in as little as 6 minutes. Each model is beautifully finished to coordinate with just about any home décor. Here’s what you need to know.
- Compressor-based compact ice maker capable of producing up to 26 lbs. of ice per 24-hour in either of two ice sizes
- First ice batch available in as little as 6 minutes and quick cycle time of 6-13 minutes produces 9 ice cubes
- Water recycling system reuses melted cubes to make new ice
- Stores up to 1.5 lbs. of ice
- Large 2.3-quart water reservoir
- Electronic controls with LED indicators
- Low-noise operation
You can leave the late night, last-minute trips to the convenience store in the past thanks to your Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker that is capable of making up to 26 lbs. of ice in each 24-hour cycle with the first batch coming in as little as 6 minutes. Water recycling system reuses melted cubes to make new ice. Here’s what you need to know.
- Compressor-based portable ice maker capable of producing up to 26 lbs. of ice cubes in each 24-hour cycle
- Produces first batch of ice cubes in as little as 6 minutes
- Half-gallon water reservoir
Easy-to-read LED controls
- Automatic overflow protection
- Indicators remind you to add water and empty ice
- Easy clean-up bottom drain
- Included ice scoop
- Weighs only 20 lbs. making it one of the lightest and most portable in our list
No need for inconvenient ice trays or trips to the convenience store when you have the EdgeStar IP210BL Portable Ice Maker. Highly compact and portable, you can take this ice maker where you need it. Capable of producing up to 28 lbs. of ice in any of three sizes per 24-hour cycle. A fast 10-minute ice-making cycle means you can create ready-to-serve ice on a moment’s notice when you need it. Intelligent water-reuse system uses melted cubes to make additional ice. Here’s what you need to know.
- Compact and lightweight ice maker produces up to 28 lbs. of ice in any of three sizes in each 24-hour cycle
- Highly portable model is perfect for use in RVs, boats, small kitchens, or anywhere you need ice and you have an outlet
- Fast 10-minute cycle time means ice is ready when you are
- Insulated ice bin holds up to 2.5 lbs. of cubes
- Easy-to-use touch-sensitive controls
Counter Top Ice Maker
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of these ice machines? Which portable ice maker are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our BestRefrigeratorCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right counter top ice maker for your needs!