You need a boat refrigerator to provide additional food and beverage cold storage or you’re looking for a portable fridge freezer that you can take with you on your boat. Either way, your best choice is a durable, high-quality AC/DC boat refrigerator that is designed for the harsh marine environment, but will also work well for a variety of other uses.
An AC/DC boat refrigerator freezer gives you power options including hooking it up to your boat’s DC power, plugging it in to an AC power outlet, or even connecting it to one or more batteries being supplied by a solar array.
Compressor power is the only way to go if you want the flexibility to freeze food and provide super cold refrigerator temperatures regardless of the ambient temperature. It’s true that compressor-based portable refrigerators are more expensive, but by choosing a thermoelectric model you run the risk of not being able to cool your food and beverages down to the temperature you want.
Durability and corrosion-resistance are a necessity in the marine environment. You need a heavy duty boat refrigerator that is rugged, high-performance, and has built-in corrosion-resistance. Whether you’re at the lake or at sea, metal will be under constant attack from the elements. A better choice than steel for the primary boat refrigerator casing is a tough, corrosion-resistant plastic.
Interested in learning about other capable portable refrigerators you could use on your boat? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Electric Cooler for Car: 9 Iceless Portable Thermoelectric Coolers Playing It Cool
- Dometic RV Refrigerator: Dometic Portable Fridge Freezer Powerhouse
- Camper Refrigerator: Portable Refrigerator Saves Camping Trip
- Truck Refrigerator: Over-the-Road Trucker Fridge Buying Tips
- Portable Refrigerator: Top 8 Portable Real Fridges
- 12V Refrigerator: Top 5 Best Vehicle Coolers and Refrigerators
We searched boating forums, retail sites, consumer sites, social media sites, manufacturer sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and best rated boat refrigerator.
Take a look at our choice and see if this Engel Fridge Freezer is the best refrigerator for your boat.
Engel heavy-duty fridge/freezers have been relied upon in extreme conditions by adventurers, fisherman, hunters, and campers the world over for more than 50 years. Their Engel MR040F-U1 40-Quart AC/DC Marine Fridge Freezer features a durable, corrosion-resistant design that uses Engel’s strong and highly-efficient Swing Motor compressor that draws about 40% less power than a traditional compressor so it works longer on DC power and is a good candidate for solar power. With this portable boat refrigerator, you have the option of freezing food to last for long periods on your boat, or adjust the temperature to keep fresh food and beverages cold. Designed for tough duty like heavy travel and the marine environment, it will be right at home on the road, on the water, hunting, camping, RVing, or on any outdoor adventure. Here’s what you need to know about this marine refrigerator and freezer.
Boat Refrigerator Features
- 40-quart, 12V/24V DC, 110V/120V, compressor-based AC boat fridge freezer with automatic voltage selection
- Durable, corrosion-resistant ABS case is and more suited for marine applications
- Top-opening design keeps the cold in while the lid is open
- Solar compatible, the highly efficient Engel swing motor has a low Amp draw of around 1 – 2 Amps per hour even at start-up about 40% less than traditional compressors
- Durable, vibration-resistant design is ready for extreme conditions
- UL-approved, 100% CFCS-free compressor
- Variable temperature control
- Comes with both AC and DC cords
- Capable of incline operation up to 30 degrees off level
- Capable of operating up to 90 degrees F from ambient temperature
- Its external dimensions are 25L x 15.5W x 18.5H inches, its internal dimensions are 14.5L x 10.5W x 14.4H inches, and it weighs in at 48 lbs.
- 2-Year limited warranty
- 1 – AC & DC Cord 12V/24V Plug
- 1 – Interior Wire Basket
- 2 – Heavy-Duty Removable Handles (With Screws)
Boat Refrigerator Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this marine refrigerator freezer? Which boat fridge is at the top of your list to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our BestRefrigeratorCentral.com Boat Refrigerator post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best boat refrigerator for your needs!