You need a way to keep drinks cold in your family room, TV room, or rec room, and a beverage refrigerator sounds like the perfect solution, but you’re not sure which cooler to buy.
The biggest advantage of a small beverage cooler is its size. Even storing as many as 150 cans of beer or soda, a beverage refrigerator is still the most compact efficient choice for keeping all those cans cold. Your friends like different beer and soda than you do. Your kids don’t share your tastes. You often switch it up and try different drinks. You have parties where you like to offer a large selection of beverages. Whatever the need, a small beverage refrigerator is definitely the solution.
Interested in other types of compact refrigerators? Be sure and see our articles about soe of the best:
- Small Refrigerator: Top 5 Compact Refrigerators 2013
- Mini Fridge With Freezer: Top 5 Compact Refrigerator-Freezers 2013
- Mini Freezer: Top 5 Best Selling Compact Freezers
- Cheap Refrigerators: Top 3 French Door Refrigerators Under $3500
Why not just buy a compact refrigerator? Compact refrigerators are usually designed for food and beverages and so they need to leave space between the shelves for taller food. They usually have storage in the doors, but often leave room for taller bottles. The point is that they don’t hold many beverages and there is a lot of wasted space.
Beverage refrigerators, on the other hand, are designed for beverage cans and bottles and are much more efficient in their storage capability. Plus, most have a glass door and interior lighting that allow you to see the status of your beverage collection without even opening the door.
What about a wine cooler? Can I just get a wine cooler and store sodas, beer, and wine? Wine coolers are set to a higher temperature than beverage coolers. If you store both beer and wine, you will have to compromise between the temperature of the wine and other beverages. The same is true if you store wine in a beverage cooler.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these top beverage refrigerators is the perfect solution for you!
We have tried to select beverage coolers that are popular, of high quality, and that will look good in your home. If you have a lot of beverages to keep cold, any of these will do the job nicely.
EdgeStar is one of the industry leaders in compact appliances focusing on small and portable models that fit our busy lifestyles. EdgeStar uses thoughtful design to make the best use of your small spaces with quality appliances that make your life easier.
The EdgeStar BWC70SS stainless steel trimmed 62-can beverage cooler is a perfect example of a compact design that will look good wherever you place it in your home or business. With quick cooling times, adjustable shelf, and colder than average temperature range, you can be sure your beverages of all sizes will be cold when you need them. This beverage refrigerator is perfect for entertaining guests while taking up very little space. Take a look at some of it features.
- Stainless steel-trimmed glass door and black cabinet looks good in any setting.
- Stores up to 62 standard 12 oz. cans or 32 20 oz. bottles or 51 12 oz. slim cans or 40 16 oz. tall boy cans in minimal space.
- One of the smallest, fully-capable beverage refrigerators available
- Double-paned glass offers better insulation.
- Chrome shelving slides out, cleans easily, looks professional, and is adjustable for 12 oz., 16 oz., and 20 oz drinks.
- Fully adjustable thermostat with control knob on the back of the unit controls an approximate temperature range between the high 30’s and mid 50’s Fahrenheit. This unit keeps beverages colder than many units.
- Powerful compressor-based cooling is perfect for beer and beverage cooling.
- ETL approved
- 115 volts – 60 Hz – 85 watts – 1.3 amps
- The EdgeStar BWC70SS measures 20H x 17W x 18-1/2D inches and weighs in at 40 lbs.
- EdgeStar provides a 1-year limited warranty on parts and a 90-day limited warranty on labor.
- Quiet operation
- Stylish design
- No interior light
- Some complaints of poor cooling
- Door not reversible
Haier America is part of the Haier Group, the world’s #1 major appliance brand and sells some of the most popular small appliance models. The Haier HBCN05FVS 150-Can Beverage Center was designed for folks who are serious about keeping beverages chilled without taking up space in their refrigerator and without using a lot of space. With 4 shelves and removable lower bottle rack, this unit has the flexibility to store a lot of just about any type of beverage. Here are some of its features.
- Stores and chills up to 150 12 oz. cans
- 4 full-width fully adjustable vinyl-coated shelves and a removable lower bottle rack give you more flexibility in storing cans and bottles
- Fully adjustable electronic thermostat provides precise temperature control in one-degree increments
- Reversible glass door with recessed handle handles and adjustable leveling legs provide more placement location flexibility
- Interior light makes it easier to see beverages
- Handy automatic defrost
- Lock and key included for extra safety and security
- Temperature range of 39-61 degrees F
- Unit measures 21-1/4 x 20-1/2 x 31-3/8 inches and weighs in at approximately 72 lbs.
- Keeps drinks very cold
- Great looking unit and blue LED interior light
- Very quiet operation
- Wire racks are thin gauge
- Not as energy efficient as some
Another quality, high-performance beverage cooler from EdgeStar, the CBR1501SG holds up to 148 standard 12 oz. cans at just the right temperature for entertaining guests at a party. With its stainless steel finish, and reversible stainless-steel trimmed door , LED light control panels, glass shelving, and soft interior lighting this unit will make an impression wherever you place it in your home or at work. Capable of both free-standing and built-in operation, you have the flexibility to place this capable cooler exactly where you need it. Here is a list of its main features.
- Fantastic styling includes tempered glass shelving with circulation openings, stainless steel finish, LED light control panels, glass shelving, and manual interior lighting.
- Store up to 148 standard 12 oz. cans for yourself and guests
- A powerful compressor-based cooling system with interior fan circulates cold air to ensure your beer and other beverages remain at the ideal temperature.
- Reversible stainless steel-trimmed door allows you to place the cooler exactly the way you want it
- Built-in carbon filter keeps odors out of your beverage refrigerator
- Black-dotted glass door protects drinks from harmful UV rays
- Free-standing or built-in installation options and built-in leveling legs
- Digital LED controls give you the power to manage temperatures accurately between approximately 38 and 50 degrees F and allow you to monitor the current temperature inside the cooler.
- A factory-installed lock adds a layer of safety and security
- Dimensions are 33-1/2H x 23-1/2W x 22-1/2D without handle and just 2-inches deeper with handle and weighs in at 100 lbs. This unit is the perfect size for mid-sized under-counter spaces.
- ETL Approved
- Manual defrost
- EdgeStar offers a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty on the EdgeStar CBR1501SG 148 Can Stainless Steel Beverage Cooler
- 115V/60Hz – 130W – 1.8A
- Fantastic good looks
- Great storage flexibility
- Quiet operation
- Accurate temperature controls
Danby is one of the largest compact and specialty appliance manufacturers in North America. Founded in 1947 and with its current U.S. home office in Findlay, Ohio, the pride themselves on producing innovative, quality appliances at competitive prices. Whether you’re entertaining for that big football game or just having a get-together with friends, everybody will be happy you purchased the Danby DBC120BLS Beverage Center to keep your drinks cool. Never run short of ice cold beverages with this elegant Danby model. Here are some of its great features.
- Elegant looking with a tempered glass door and stainless trim
- Large 120 can standard 12 oz. storage capacity.
- Integrated lock with key for extra safety and security
- Interior light illuminates when door is opened.
- Measures 33.7W x 17.87D x 19.75W inches and weighs in at about 69 lbs.
- Temperature range is approximately 43 to 57 degrees F or 6 to 14 degrees C
- Fully adjustable manual thermostat and automatic defrost
- Reversible door hinge lets you place this unit exactly where you need it
- 3-1/2 black wire shelves give you plenty of storage
- Danby offers a 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor with In-Home service.
- Large capacity in a compact space
- Keeps drinks very cold
- Adjustable shelves are very useful
- Background low hum while running
- Wire racks too far apart
- Only one leveling leg
- Temperature adjustment on back of unit
Founded in 2002, Newair has dedicated itself to building stylish, easy-to-use, efficient appliances that you will be proud to have in your home. They are an industry leader in portable and small appliances helping you to make the most of small spaces in your home.
The Newair AB-1200 126-Can Beverage Cooler is a great example of Newair’s focus on quality, technological advance, and energy efficiency. With a large internal storage capacity and compact dimensions, the Newair AB-1200 will be a great companion for your next party making it easier for your guests to grab their drinks, a staple in your rec room, or the place to go for drinks at work. Take a look at this unit’s main features.
- Both durable and attractive, the Newair AB-1200 features a black and stainless steel finish
- Holds 126 standard size 12 oz. cans from soda, to beer, to water
- 5 removable racks and a spacious storage bin gobble up cans, bottles, and even cartons.
- The compressor-based cooling system chills down to 34 degrees F
- The adjustable thermostat has 7 individual settings so you can set the perfect temperature for your drinks.
- An interior LED light helps you see all your drinks
- Auto-defrost makes this unit low maintenance
- The Newair AB-1200 measures 18.5D x 19W x 33.5H inches and weighs in at 62.85 lbs.
- Newair provides a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- ETL Certified
- 110V/60Hz – 85 watts- 1.3 amps
- LED interior backlight is a plus
- Keeps drinks really cold
- Classy good looks
- Holds a lot of beverages
- Some have reported noisy operation
- No lock
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Which compact cooler is your favorite? Which compact beverage refrigerator is at the top of your list to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading! I sincerely hope this article has given you valuable information that you can use to buy the perfect beverage refrigerator for you!