The best soft cooler keeps your food and drinks frosty cold, is 100% leakproof, is made from puncture-resistant materials that will stand up to your toughest adventures and has additional features that make it a pleasure to take with you. The best soft cooler holds what you want while not taking up all the space in your gear and then when you’re done using it folds down for easy storage.
The best soft cooler is not an ugly duckling that you want to hide from your friends and travel-mates but has a functional, good-looking style that you will enjoy carrying with you.
What are some of the problems that you face with a regular soft sided cooler?
One of the problems with soft-sided coolers is that they leak through the zipper. With most of these coolers, if they turn over in your car, you can count on them sitting in a pool of ice water when you finally discover the problem.
The best soft cooler has a leakproof zipper designed specifically to prevent those accidents.
Interested in learning about other popular coolers for your adventures? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Outdoor Drink Cooler: Top 5 Best Rated Rolling Ice Coolers
- Beach Cooler: Best Family-Friendly Beach Gear Setup
- Electric Cooler for Car: 9 Iceless Portable Thermoelectric Coolers Playing It Cool
- Portable Cooler: Top 18 Best Rated Anywhere Portable Coolers
Limited Cold Retention
Another problem is cold retention. Most soft coolers can’t keep up with hard side coolers in cold retention because they have a small amount of standard insulation.
The best soft-sided cooler will have special insulation designed to be lightweight, but that will keep your contents cold long beyond what a regular soft cooler’s capability.
Questionable Inner Liner Materials
With most soft coolers, you have no idea what kind of plastic the interior liner is made from, but you know for sure it smells like plastic death.
The best soft cooler has an FDA-approved food-grade liner that you know is safe for you and your family.
Regular soft coolers are often made from materials that are not very durable and probably won’t last through your first expedition.
The best cooler is made from a durable, high-density material that is resistant to punctures, mildew, and the sun’s UV rays. You may not realize that UV rays are the enemy of most plastics and will destroy it faster than most of the abuse you inflict. UV protection is a must in any soft-sided cooler.
If you’ve ever tried to load a soft cooler, you know how difficult and frustrating it can be. All you want to do is load the thing and go, but it doesn’t want to cooperate.
The best soft-side cooler is easier to load and unload.
Limited Carrying Options
How easy is your cooler to carry? I’m guessing that it’s not a joyful experience.
The best soft cooler is designed with multiple handles and a carrying strap to give you the most carrying options and make the cooler more comfortable to carry.
We searched outdoor forums, manufacturer sites, customer review sites, social media, consumer sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated soft-sided coolers.
Take a look at our choice and see if this popular Yeti Hopper cooler is the best soft cooler for your needs!
You probably already know the YETI cooler brand and their reputation for quality, dependability, and durability. Their newest YETI Hopper Two 30 Portable Cooler is one more example of their dedication to delivering the best products with the best functionality and long-lasting durability. This YETI cooler bag features DryHide, tough-as-nails, exterior fabric construction, ColdCell Insulation that can keep your food and drinks cold all day and ice for days, and a comfortable hauling design with multiple options for carrying the load. Convenience features include an integrated HitchPoint Grid for attaching almost anything to the bag and six built-in D-ring tie downs to secure the Hopper. If you’re looking for a tough, soft-sided cooler to take everywhere on your adventures, you’re unlikely to do better than the Hopper.
Best Soft Cooler: Features
- 100% leakproof, soft side cooler capable of carrying 24 standard beverage cans or about 30 lbs. of ice alone
- Durable DryHide high-density exterior fabric is tough-as-nails, waterproof, resistant to mildew, puncture-resistant, and resistant to UV rays
- Liner is made from an FDA-approved food-grade material
- Updated body is designed for easier loading and unloading
- Tapered body makes extended hauling more comfortable
- Outdoor, off-the-grid cooler is designed with extreme visibility in mind
- Closed-cell rubber foam ColdCell Insulation is designed to keep your food and drinks cold all day, ice for days, and has far superior cold-holding ability than ordinary coolers
- The HydroLok Zipper is the toughest, highest-performing, waterproof and leakproof cooler zipper in the world
- Detachable double-stitch, nearly indestructible shoulder straps and three different sets of double-stitch, reinforced handles give you options on how to make the load easier to carry
- Easily attach pretty much anything using the integrated HitchPoint Grid
- Six built-in D-ring tie-down points give you multiple ways to secure the Hopper
- Dimensions are 18 x 25 inches and it weighs 5.5 lbs.
- Long-lasting cold retention
- Durable, high-quality materials
- Highly portable and store easily
- Some complaints that the zipper doesn’t zip smoothly
- Some don’t like the zipper on the side
Best Soft Cooler
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think this YETI cooler? Which soft-sided cooler are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A soft cooler is a perfect companion to carry cold food and drinks on your next adventure. It will fit right into your other gear without taking up as much space, it’s lighter and easier to carry, and when you’re done, it folds away for easy storage. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best soft cooler for your needs!