In truth, what they call a beer bottle fridge is really a beverage refrigerator and most are designed to hold cans not bottles of your favorite beverages. Many compact refrigerators hold more than 100 cans, but when you adjust the shelves to hold bottles, you may only be able to get 40+ bottles upright in your beer bottle fridge.
Bottles are interesting though because they have a labeling characteristic that cans don’t have. They have the name of the beer on the bottle cap. That means that unlike cans, you can stack bottles on their sides and still tell what kind of beer is in the bottle. Horizontal storage may be the answer to getting all those bottles in your beverage refrigerator.
True, it’s not ideal, but it dramatically increases the bottle capacity of your beer bottle fridge.
Interested in learning about other drink refrigerators? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Drink Refrigerator: 7 Fun Compact Beverage Refrigerators Keep Drinks Cold
- Small Wine Refrigerator: Top 7 Best Rated Small Wine Coolers
- Beverage Fridge: Top Rated Small Beverage Refrigerator
- Beverage Refrigerator: Top 5 Compact Beverage Coolers
The other thing about purpose-built beverage refrigerators is that they have glass front doors and usually an internal light to make it easier to see what type of beverages are in the beer fridge. The glass door not only makes it easier to figure out what kinds of beer there are, it looks sharp in your den, man cave, family room, game room, or rec room.
The six beverage fridges on our list range in price, but all of them are designed to hold a lot of beer whether in cans or bottles. There are many smaller versions that are less expensive that will sit on a counter and don’t need to be installed on the floor, but we will leave those for another article.
Have you thought of getting your own kegerator to cater all your parties and other events? We have the scoop on the best:
- Beer Gift: Give Our Favorite Beer Kegerator
- Beer Refrigerator: 7 Kegerators Keep Beer Fun Flowing Colder
The advantages of course of getting a bigger beer cooler are that you have to restock less often, you will have plenty for friends and family or for a party, and you will be able to buy larger packages which may save you money at BJs or Costco for instance.
You’re probably trying to do a couple of things by looking at dedicated beer coolers. Probably beer is taking up a lot of room that could be used for food in your regular fridge and it’s a headache. Also, you can’t tailor your refrigerator temperature for the beer because it would affect your food, so it would be so much better if you could just keep the beer in its own fridge at just the right temperature.
Don’t need a glass door beverage refrigerator? See our compact fridge articles:
- Compact Refrigerator Without Freezer: Top Rated All-Refrigerator Mini Fridge
- College Refrigerator: Top 5 Best Rated Back to College Stainless Steel Mini Fridges
- Desktop Refrigerator: Best Rated Desk Mini Fridge Cooler
- Minifridge: Top Rated Mid-Sized Compact Refrigerator
- Daewoo Refrigerator: Best Looking New Retro Style Compact Refrigerator
- Outdoor Drink Cooler: Top 5 Best Rated Rolling Ice Coolers
- Small Office Refrigerator: Top 5 Best Rated Compact Office Refrigerators
- Compact Refrigerator with Lock: 4 Top Rated Lockable Mini Fridges
- Danby Compact Refrigerator: Big Storage Spotless Steel All Fridge
- Little Fridge: Most Popular Compact Refrigerator and Freezer
- Stainless Steel Mini Fridge: Top 5 Best Rated Compact Refrigerators
- Vintage Refrigerator: Best Classic Compact Retro Refrigerators
- Small Refrigerator Freezer: Top 5 Compact Fridge Freezers
- Garage Fridge: Coolest Compact Garage Refrigerator
- Small Fridge: Best Compact Refrigerator
- Retro Refrigerator: Best Compact Retro Fridge
- Micro Fridge: Coldest Compact Mini Fridge
- Mini Fridge With Freezer: Top 5 Compact Refrigerator-Freezers
Also, at parties or other events, your guests can grab the beer they want right out of the fridge without having to dunk for it in a cooler filled with melted ice.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these beverage small refrigerators is the best beer fridge for your needs!
The Kalamera 150-Can Stainless Steel Beverage Refrigerator is expensive, but it has some great features to back up the price. It can hold 150 standard 12 oz. cans of beer or if you choose bottled beer, it can hold somewhat less depending on your choice of vertical or horizontal storage. It’s a very sharp-looking beverage refrigerator and it will look good in any room of the house. With such a large capacity you won’t have to worry about restocking and you will have plenty of brews for family and friends for all kinds of events and parties. You can take all of your beer out of your regular fridge and stock this instead. Here’s what you need to know about this stainless steel refrigerator.
Beer Bottle Fridge: Features
- 150-can, free-standing, beverage refrigerator in black and stainless steel with a tempered glass door
- Adjustable black wire shelves
- Blue interior LED lighting adds to its sleek look
- Intuitive touch control thermostat adjusts temperature from 38 to 50 degrees F for the perfect chilled beer
- Compressor runs quietly and efficiently to chill beverages
- Dimensions are 23.6W x 19.5D x 33H inches and it weighs in at around 90 lbs.
- Very attractive design
- Adjustable shelves allow for beer bottles
- High-quality construction and materials
- Accurate digital temperature control
Whynter makes some of the best portable true fridges on the planet and their Whynter BR-128WS 120-Can Stainless Steel Beverage Refrigerator follows that lead. This is a lockable refrigerator to keep out curious children or anyone you don’t want taking the beer. It is actually reasonably priced for what it is and brings premium features and design that will make this fridge stand out in any room of your home. It has a powerful compressor and internal air-cooling to evenly cool the entire internal space. The combination of a stainless steel-trimmed glass door and soft LED internal lighting makes this appliance a very sharp-looking place to store beer. Being able to see which beer you want before you even open the door saves energy. Here’s what you need to know about this glass door refrigerator.
- 120 standard 12 oz. can free-standing beverage refrigerator
- Stainless steel-trimmed glass door in front of a sleek white cabinet
- Internal fan-forced air circulation insures even temperatures throughout the fridge
- Reversible door gives you flexibility to put the fridge where you want it
- Recessed door handle gives a flush finish to the door
- Soft interior LED lighting with on/off switch
- Mechanical thermostat control provides temperatures between 30 and mid-60 degrees F
- Lockable with 2 keys
- 5 slide-out adjustable wire shelves
- Dimensions are 18.75L x 17W x 32H inches and it weighs in at 57 lbs.
- Lockable with two keys
- Quiet operation
- Holds plenty of beverages
- Stylish design
- Some reports that colder temperature always requires lowest thermostat setting
- Door not exactly reversible
The EdgeStar 8.6 Cu. Ft. Commercial Beverage Refrigerator is easily the largest in our list. It’s actually designed for beverage merchandising in a commercial setting, but will make a great beverage refrigerator for your home. It has some unique features like an intelligent temperature alarm that sounds for a door left ajar or if the power is interrupted. Compressor-based forced air cooling keeps temperatures even distributed across the interior of the fridge and you can easily monitor it thanks to its easy-to-use LED digital temperature display control panel.
- 8.6 cu. ft. commercial-grade beverage refrigerator with white cabinet and stainless steel trim
- Easy-to-use control panel has LED digital temperature display with the option to display temperature in degrees F or degrees C
- Thermostat adjustable temperature range of 36 to 43 degrees F
- Compressor-based forced-air cooling insures even temperature distribution
- Dual-pane glass door
- 4 wire shelves are adjustable and for the best organization and storage of beverages
- Intelligent temperature alarm sounds when door is left ajar or power is interrupted
- Interior LED lighting
- Security lock
- 4 leveling legs insure level installation
- Dimensions are 49-1/4H x 21-1/2W x 24D inches
- Excellent performance
- Extra quiet
- Easily visible thermostat
- Massive amount of storage space
- Door lock is on the bottom
- Only front is stainless steel
Titan may not be a company you’ve heard of and you could be excused because they just got started in 2014. They sell beverage and wine coolers and they have some really nice ones including their Titan 142-Can Beverage Cooler in Seamless Stainless Steel. It holds a lot of beverages such as 142 standard 12 oz. cans or a lesser number of bottles depending on vertical or horizontal storage and this model can be built-in or freestanding depending on your needs. Titan points to the benefits of their seamless stainless steel door which is designed to hold the cold in better than other doors. This model is also auto-defrost and comes with a built-in replaceable carbon filter.
- Built-in or freestanding 142 standard 12 oz. can beverage cooler
- Seamless stainless steel and glass door with stainless steel handle
- Adjustable digital thermostat-controlled temperature range of 38 to 50 degrees F monitored using LED display
- Powerful compressor-based cooling and internal fan insures even distribution of temperature
- White interior LED lighting
- Built-in replaceable carbon filter
- Auto defrost
- Integrated safety lock
- 5.9 foot power cord
- Glass shelves instead of wire give the interior a finished look
- Dimensions are 33.7H x 24.5D x 23.5W inches and it weighs in at 101 lbs.
- 1-Year limited warranty
- Can be built-in or freestanding
- Budget price for capacity
- Beautiful design
- High quality construction and materials
- None noted
The EdgeStar BWC120SSLT 103-Can and 5 Bottle Ultra Low Temperature Beverage Cooler is the only one in our list that actually has a place designed into it for bottles. Although it’s for only 5 bottles. It boasts a high-power compressor that can take the temperature down to as low as 32 degrees F keeping the interior ultra-cold without freezing. Couple the compressor-based cooling with an internal fan and you get even temperature distribution throughout the cooler. This is also a very stylish cooler with cool blue LED interior lighting and a dual-pane glass door with stainless steel trim. There’s no doubt that it will complement any room in your home.
- Freestanding 3.6 cu. ft. 102-standard 12 oz. can and 5-750 mL bottle beverage cooler
- Reversible dual-pane glass door with stylish stainless steel trim
- Cool blue LED interior lighting for easy selection even under low light conditions and allowing you to make a selection without opening the door
- Built-in door lock keeps contents safe from curious children or unauthorized access
- Compressor-based cooling and forced air distribution create ultra cold temperatures evenly distributed within the compartment produces a manual thermostat-adjustable temperature range of 32 to approximately 55 degrees F
- Cools down to 32 degrees F for ultra-cold storage without freezing beverages
- 6 removable slide-out chrome wire shelves means more flexibility in your storage choices
- Dimensions are 18.2W x 19D x 33H inches and weighs in at 69 lbs.
- Cold, cold, cold
- Sleek styling and cool blue interior lighting
- Plenty of storage
- Some complaints of noisy operation
- Metal racks can sag under weight
You can count on Danby to make a great beverage refrigerator like the Danby DBC120BLS Beverage Center. After all, they’ve been making compact and specialty appliances since 1947. No matter what the occasion you can count on your Danby to help you entertain family and friends on football Sunday, birthdays, or other important events. You will have plenty of beer, you won’t have to run out for more, and it will all be cold. Here’s what you need to know.
- Large size holds 120 standard 20 oz. cans or a lesser number of bottles depending on your choice of vertical or horizontal storage
- Fully adjustable thermostat provides temperature adjustment to cool beverages down to 43 to 57 degrees F or about 6 to 14 degrees C
- Unusual for compact beverage centers, this model has automatic defrost
- You’re not necessarily looking for elegant, but this beverage refrigerator has a sharp design with its tempered glass door and stainless steel trim
- Reversible door allows more flexible placement of the fridge
- Keep curious hands away from the alcohol with an integrated lock and key
- Built-in interior light comes on when you open the door
- 3-1/2 black wire shelves are adjustable and can accommodate a lot of beer
- Measures 33.7W x 17.87D x 19.75W inches and weighs in at 69 lbs.
- 1-Year limited warranty on parts and labor with In-Home service
- Large capacity in a compact space
- Keeps drinks very cold
- Adjustable shelves are very useful
- Background low hum while running
- Wire racks too far apart
- Only one leveling leg
- Temperature adjustment on back of unit
Other interesting solutions for freeing your refrigerator space:
Beer Bottle Fridge
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you like about these beverage refrigerators? Which beer fridge is at the top of your list to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our compact beverage refrigerator post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best beer bottle fridge for your needs!