If you go camping, off-roading, or embark on other outdoor adventures, you need a rugged, weatherproof ARB refrigerator. If you plan to take food and drinks with you and need to keep them cold, you know that the only appliance that does the job is a true, compressor-based refrigerator-freezer like an ARB refrigerator.
One reason is that a regular small refrigerator adapted for the 4×4 life or a thermoelectric-based fridge can only take you so far. You need an ARB refrigerator that has zero-degree freezer capability, can accept 12VDC power, and has plenty of space for all those great foods you want to cook by the fire.
Interested in learning about other popular, portable fridge freezers? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Car Freezer: Top Rated Budget Portable Fridge Freezer
- Truck Fridge: Top Rated Slim Fit Compressor-Based Truck Refrigerator
- Dometic Fridge: Portable Dometic Dual-Zone True Refrigerator Freezer
- Portable Fridge: Extra-Large Portable Overland Refrigerator Freezer Keeps Food Colder
- Auto Refrigerator: Newest Rugged 12V Portable Fridge Freezer
- Boat Refrigerator: Top Rated AC-DC Portable Marine Fridge Freezer
- ARB Fridge: Durable, Efficient ARB Fridge Freezers Win Heat War
- Dometic RV Refrigerator: Dometic Portable Fridge Freezer Powerhouse
- Camper Refrigerator: Portable Refrigerator Saves Camping Trip
- Truck Refrigerator: Over-the-Road Trucker Fridge Buying Tips
- Portable Refrigerator: Top 8 Portable Real Fridges
Thermoelectric models are far too dependent on the ambient temperature, are mostly very small by design, and can’t freeze anything close to what you might call frozen.
You know that your 4×4 had to be reinforced to take the off-road beating you give it and the same is true for any appliance you take with you. Plastic is tough, but stainless steel is tougher and tougher looking. If you want an appliance that will last and endure the harsh off-road environment, then you need a metal shell that will last.
When it comes to power sources, when you get off the beaten path, you have what you brought with you. Make sure any portable fridge you buy can support your power sources. You should expect your travel refrigerator to support 12/24VDC, 120-240VAC, and 50-60Hz.
We searched off-road forums, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, social media, customer review sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated portable refrigerator.
Take a look at this ARB fridge model and see if this is the best portable refrigerator for your needs!
ARB is known for its rugged off-road accessories for 4WD enthusiasts around the world. One of their newest designs, their ARB Elements Weatherproof 63-Quart Fridge-Freezer fits right in with its rugged, weatherproof design, compressor-based cooling performance, and power source flexibility. While designed to withstand 365 days a year mounted in the bed of a pickup, the new 63 QT Elements Fridge Freezer is just as suitable in the back of an SUV, Jeep or under a dual cab canopy, in the kitchen of the camper or on the deck of your boat. With its rugged stainless steel and weatherproof exterior comes durable ASA plastic protective moldings, anodized aluminum latches, and heavy-duty cast stainless steel hinges. Security features include tamper-proof bolts for permanent mounting, an integrated, programmable electronic 4-digit pin lock, and provision for a padlock for added security. Suffice it to say nobody is going to get into your ARB refrigerator that you don’t want to, and nobody is going to steal the fridge freezer. Its new interior design features a full height evaporator that also extends around what has previously been referred to as the ‘dairy section’. With the added surface area of the evaporator, the entire cabinet area will have a uniform temperature. This also creates improved efficiency and less run time for the compressor.
ARB Refrigerator: Features
- 63-quart, rugged, compressor-based, stainless steel, weatherproof, portable refrigerator
- Heavy-duty Secop BD35F compressor has built-in 3-stage battery protection
- Rugged, weatherproof features include a 304-grade stainless steel body with ARB embossing, durable ASA plastic corner protective moldings on main body and lid, anodized aluminum latches, and heavy-duty cast stainless steel hinges
- Increased fridge cabinet insulation thickness holds in the cold longer
- Unique infinite position gas strut assisted lid holds the lid open at any position as you search the fridge
- Programmable electronic 4-digit pin lock allows you to have positive control over interior temperature control, power switching, and content access
- Tamper-proof bolts allow permanent mounting to keep the unit from walking away
- Provision for a padlock provides added security
- Weather-protected control panel backlit LED display has a dimming function, its buttons illuminate when pressed, and includes a DC voltage supply readout
- Recessed back for onboard power cable storage, recessed AC and DC power ports, and recessed, weather-protected rear remote monitor transmitter
- Easy, concealed front and rear carry handle design
- Reversible interior cabinet basket with removable divider
- Rubberized mounting feet
- ASA vents
- Wireless display compatible
- Front cabinet position drain plug
- All-white internal cabinet and black cabinet to and lid interior
- Slimline LED rear facing cabinet light with auto on/off
- Full-length cooling zone with dual height compartments
- Ambient Operating Temperature +70F to +109F
- Cooling capacity +60F to -0F
- Dimensions are 17.1H x 19.3W x 32.3D inches and it weighs 70 lbs.
- Efficient energy usage
- True zero-degree freezer
- Quiet operation
- Rugged construction and materials
- None noted
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this rugged portable fridge? Which ARB portable fridge freezer are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A portable refrigerator is one of the most convenient appliances to have whether you’re going camping, going to a picnic, tailgating, vacationing or engaging in some other favorite outdoor activity. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best ARB refrigerator for your needs!