Whether you hunt, fish, camp, tailgate, need an RV refrigerator or enjoy other outdoor adventures, a Dometic fridge will make your trip easier and more enjoyable. Dometic makes durable outdoor true refrigerators that have the reliability and track record to make them the choice of outdoor enthusiasts everywhere. When you buy a Dometic fridge, you know you’re getting an innovative, well-engineered, high-quality refrigerator freezer that will last through years of travel adventures.
What do we mean by true refrigerator? There are many portable refrigerators out there, but most are thermoelectric designs which depend on ambient temperature to achieve their lowest temperature. For instance, if the temperature outside or in your vehicle is 80 degrees F, most thermoelectric refrigerators, that can only cool down to about 30 degrees F below ambient temperature, will only be able to cool down to about 50 degrees F. That’s probably not cold enough for most people.
A Dometic fridge true refrigerator is compressor-based much like your home refrigerator and is capable of cooling down even to below zero temperatures. A Dometic refrigerator doesn’t depend on ambient temperature to achieve its cooling capability so you can operate it effectively under a variety of conditions.
Interested in seeing other portable true refrigerator models? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
There are also many other true refrigerators out there sold by trusted brands like Whynter, ARB, and Engel, but few offer a dual-zone model that supports two separate refrigerator and freezer compartments.
A dual-zone portable Dometic fridge takes the portable fridge to the next level giving you the flexibility to store frozen foods and refrigerated foods and beverages simultaneously.
Also like most Dometic true refrigerator/freezers, a dual-zone Dometic fridge can also be operated as an all-refrigerator or as an all-freezer depending on your needs.
We searched outdoor forums, refrigerator forums, consumer sites, manufacturer sites, social media, customer review sites, and retail sites and found that each dual-zone Dometic fridge size is very popular and is highly rated.
Take a look at Dometic’s mid-range, dual-zone refrigerator freezer and see if this model is the best portable refrigerator for your needs!
Dometic Fridge: Portable Dometic Dual-Zone True Refrigerator Freezer
The Dometic CFX-65DZUS 61 Liter Portable Electric Cooler Refrigerator and Freezer is Dometic’s smallest dual-zone real refrigerator and features Dometic fridge rugged construction, innovative technology, and powerful, efficient cooling capability. If you need added refrigerator or freezer space in your RV, big rig, car, truck, or boat, this dual-zone model is an excellent choice. Don’t buy bag ice and suffer through all the extra cost and mess of melted ice on your next camping trip, tailgate party, picnic, fishing trip, hunting trip, RV trip, or other outdoor activity. Take advantage of a fully capable true refrigerator-freezer that has been engineered to handle the rough and rugged outdoor environment. Efficient design incorporates a high-performance compressor and extra-thick insulation to achieve up to 35% better efficiency than previous models. Durability touches include heavy-duty reinforced corners, brawny stainless-steel hinges, tough drop-down handles, and a robust lid coating that insures this CFX model Dometic fridge will stand-up to extreme conditions.
Dometic Fridge: Features
- 61-Liter, dual-zone, compressor-based portable electric refrigerator and freezer supports storing refrigerated food and beverages as well as frozen foods simultaneously in separate 1.5 cu. ft. refrigerated and 0.67 cu. ft. freezer compartments
- Refrigerator section can store up to 60 standard 12-oz. cans, has the height to store a Champagne bottle, and features a dairy compartment for storing perishables
- Cooling compartment removable wire basket helps you organize your food
- Capable of operating on either 120 VAC or 12- or 24 VDC giving your tremendous power source flexibility
- Electronic thermostat is adjustable from -8 to +50 degrees F (-22 to +10 degrees C)
- Soft-touch control panel with an LED digital temperature display
- Memory function maintains preset temperatures even if system powered off
- Makes an excellent Dometic RV fridge or camper refrigerator
- Quick Chill and Turbo Cool functions
- Space-saving folding carry handles
- Bright, energy-efficient LED interior light
- Durable, corrosion-resistant, heavy-duty stainless steel hinges, tough, space-saving drop-down handles, and strong latches
- Detachable/reversible lids
- Easy-cleaning design
- Integrated USB port for charging small electronic devices
- Dimensions are 26W x 22-1/16H x 17-14/16D inches and it weighs 51.16 lbs.
- 1 – AC power cord
- 1 – DC power cord
- 1 – Removable basket with divider
See Dometic CFX-65DZUS 61 Liter Portable Electric Cooler Refrigerator and Freezer Customer Reviews >>>
- Fast cool down
- Excellent quality build and materials
- Dual-zone functionality is a real plus
- Perfect for RV or big rig truck
- Heavy enough that wheels would be nice
- Some complaints that temperature doesn’t hold well when power is off
- Noisy when compressor is running
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Dometic CFX-65DZUS 61 Liter Portable Electric Cooler Refrigerator and Freezer Operating Manual >>>
Dometic Fridge: Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this portable dual-zone refrigerator freezer? Which Dometic fridge model are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A portable refrigerator is a great companion for fishing, camping, RVs, tailgating, hunting, and many other outdoor adventures. The best portable fridges are compressor-based so that they don’t depend on the ambient temperature for their cooling capability. Even better, a dual-zone model gives you the ability to keep refrigerated and frozen foods in one compact, transportable cooler. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best Dometic fridge for your needs.